Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Boise Thanksgiving

Upfront I will say I'm sorry for not having any pictures for this post. I got up to Boise and my camera was dead and I had no way to charge it. SAD DAY!
Anyways
Nic and I arrived in Boise Wednesday night. We were so excited to be staying the whole weekend and being able to see our families.
Thanksgiving was wonderful. We enjoyed our feast at Uncle Ron and Aunt Terri's. They did a fabulous job decorating their house for the occasion. We had the usual turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, etc. But, something they always have for thanksgiving which I never have had for this holiday was deviled eggs. They were so good and I loved having them. Growing up I never enjoyed this amazing side dish or appetizer.(I think I'll learn to make them). Anyways, I honestly cant remember what we did the rest of the day...oops. Oh wait. I almost forgot. Nic went to Demeyer Park and played turkey day football with his guy friends and tons of other random people from the surrounding neighborhood. I went as the cheerleader fully enjoying seeing him have so much fun!
Early morning Friday I went over to my parents house while Nic went and played frisbee golf with his friend Tom. I enjoyed the time with my family and truly enjoyed Nic getting some social time with his friend. We of course had Turkey Day left overs and then Nic and I went shopping. We got two movies, I got a dress, some dainties (haha), Nic got a sweater, we did some Christmas shopping and over all we just had fun! We spent the rest of the evening with his family.
Saturday we went and saw The Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey. It was okay. I enjoyed it but it was no were by far my favorite Christmas movie. It wasn't even very christmasy over all. Nic loves the Muppet's version the best. :D Nic and I then went out and saw our Bro and Sis in law Matt and Shealynn and their two kids. They are such a cute family and I LOVE being related to them. We then had another Turkey Day dinner that night made completely my Mom Hopkins and it was delish! We then played tons of dice games, that was loads of fun!
Sunday was of course the usual. We went to church and then Nic and I went over and spent some more time with my family. Played games and enjoyed company. We then we back to Nics for a little while and then we traveled home!
It was such an enjoyable weekend with our families and celebrating being thankful for what we have. Nic and I are truly blessed!

2 comments:

Megan Jo Eddie said...

So glad you had a great Thanksgiving. It sounds like you have wonderful family and friends. However, I'm glad your back. Ashton gave a talk on Sunday and missed you both. He said it wasn't the same without you there. He really loves you.

ash said...

Megan I stumbled upon your blog because I was checking out Kari Bean's blog. I just have to tell you Justin will be so excited that you liked the deviled eggs he made it up himself.
It was fun to see you guys on Thanksgiving.